The human body is a fragile system, and we put many demands on it every day. Activities like reaching to get supplies off a shelf, sitting in front of a computer for hours every day and moving heavy products around the shop can all take a toll on our bodies. In this one-day workshop, you will learn how to make your environment as ergonomic as possible.
What You will Learn
- Define ergonomics and its related terms.
- Identify where to get ergonomics information for your region.
- Identify how ergonomics can be incorporated into your workplace.
- Assess your environment for ergonomic hazards, create ways to resolve those issues, and plan for implementation.
- Review and evaluate your ergonomic efforts.
- Use change management techniques effectively.
- Describe the basic principles of ergonomics.
- Outline ergonomic practices for sitting, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
- Design an ergonomic workstation.
- Identify important ergonomic features of tools and machines.
- Understand the role that environmental factors (such as sound, air quality, and light) play in ergonomics.