Rudeness in the workplace is increasing to the level that universities are studying it. Everyone is busy, everyone is stressed, and most people take it out on their colleagues at one time or another. We have all been in a situation where we need to print something ASAP and someone has left the printer jammed, or we need coffee and the coffeepot is empty.
Technology is supposed to make life easier and simpler, but most managers find themselves cleaning up the messes caused by too many gadgets. How do we use technology to our advantage, to work smarter instead of harder?
What You will Learn
- Be able to make your workplace a technology-friendly place.
- Make the most of computers, telephones, instant messaging, e-mail, contact management applications, and scheduling software.
- Communicate better with the IT department.
- Make the best software and training choices.
- Be able to set an IT budget.
- Keep employees safe and healthy.
- Develop and implement a system usage policy.
- Implement policies for dealing with company property.
- Decide whether or not employees should telecommute and make telecommuting work.
- Deal with workplace rage.
- Address technological issues.