Workplace accidents and injuries cost corporations millions of dollars and thousands of hours lost every year. They also have a profound, often lifelong impact on workers. Introducing a safety culture into your organisation, where safety is valued as an integral part of the business’ operation, not only saves the business time and money, it also builds a committed, loyal, healthy workforce. This one-day workshop will give you the foundation to start building your safety culture.
What You will Learn
- Understand the difference between a safety program and a safety culture.
- Have some resources to help you understand the regulations in your area.
- Be able to launch a safety committee.
- Understand how to identify hazards and reduce them.
- Know some hiring measures that can improve safety.
- Understand what a safety training program will involve.
- Be able to identify groups particularly at risk for injury and know how to protect them.
- Be able to help your organisation write, implement, and review a safety plan.
- Be better able to respond to incidents and near misses.
- Understand the basics of accident investigation and documentation.