In the past ten years, the workforce has changed dramatically. More than ever, a workplace is an adverse collection of individuals proud of who they are: their gender, their sexual orientation, their religion, their ethnic background and all the other components that make an individual unique. In order for your workplace to succeed, your employees must be able to appreciate and celebrate those differences.
What You will Learn
- Understand what diversity and its related terms mean.
- Be aware of how aware you are of diversity and where you can improve.
- Understand how changes in the world have affected you and your view.
- Be able to identify your stereotypes.
- Understand what terms are politically correct and which are not, and why.
- Be familiar with the four cornerstones of diversity.
- Understand what the pitfalls are relating to diversity and understand how to avoid them.
- Develop a technique for dealing with inappropriate behaviour.
- Develop a management style to encourage diversity.
- Know what to do if you, or one of your employees feels discriminated against.