Over the past several decades, organisations have come to realise that success cannot only be measured in dollars and cents. Intangible assets (like a company’s reputation, the knowledge base created by their employees, and training initiatives) can make up a huge portion of a company’s wealth. It only makes sense, then, that we need a new tool to help us measure this expanded definition of success. Enter the balanced scorecard! This tool and its related components will help your organisation identify, document, plan, and execute a balanced strategic mission. It will also help your organisation evaluate and revise its strategic execution.
This one-day workshop will introduce you to the basics of the balanced scorecard and help you determine if this powerful tool is a good fit for your organisation.
What You will Learn
- Define what the balanced scorecard is and its benefits.
- Describe common balanced scorecard pitfalls & how to avoid them.
- Determine if the balanced scorecard is right for your organisation.
- Describe the key elements of the balanced scorecard process.
- Identify a strategy map, tactical action plan, and balanced scorecard.
- Create a vision statement for the balanced score card.
- Understand what corporate values, mission statements and vision statements are and how they tie into the balanced scorecard.
- Understand what processes support the balanced scorecard.